Title: Family Life Pastor
Time: Full Time, 1.0 FTE
Vision: Supports the vision of the congregation and is able to articulate it in a manner the congregation can understand.
Accountability: Is accountable to the Lead Pastor. Meets with the Lead Pastor for supervision. Meets with Lead Pastor for an annual evaluation.
• Will daily practice spiritual disciplines, as well as emotional and physical selfcare. Serving out of a healthy attitude every day.
• Oversee Adult Sunday School Ministry, by leading the ministry to recruit Sunday School teachers, and provide direction in the teaching curriculum.
• Oversee and grow Small Group Ministry, by working with their ministry leader to recruit volunteers to lead and host each group.
• Provide leadership to Wednesday evening Adult ministry, to provide discipleship and biblical studies to the congregation.
• Provide pastoral counseling (single, married, family and Crisis) to members of the congregation as well as to the unchurched in the community.
• Provide primary responsibility for the Premarital Counseling, Weddings and Funerals at CFC. Leading and when appropriate, delegate to other pastors.
• Teach relevant topics (marriage enrichment & parenting classes) during Wednesday evenings or Sunday school hour.
• Train and supervise Adult Sunday School Class Leaders.
• Serve on Gifts and Discernment Committee.
• Organize lay persons to assist in proving pastoral care based on the Stephen Ministry model or similar model.
• Along with Ministry leader, recruit and train volunteers to serve in the above-mentioned ministries
If this position excites you and you want to apply or learn more, please inquire or send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.